Advertisement

Anyone have experience with Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap or Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree shampoo?

topic posted Mon, September 10, 2007 - 6:29 PM by  Aisha
Share/Save/Bookmark
I've had dreads for about three years and I don't think I've ever used a residue-free shampoo (I know because they all left scents behind). I want to try one, though, to see if it's better for my hair but I wanted to know first if anyone has used Dr. Bronner's liquid soap on their dreads, either diluted or not. I've heard great things about this soap and a lot of people seem to enjoy it as a shampoo. I'm not sure if it's entirely residue free, but my dreads have a history of bad breakage, and I need some revitalizing oils (jojoba, tea tree) etc. to keep them healthy. Any recommendations or lack thereof?
posted by:
Aisha
Chicago
Advertisement
  • Kit
    Kit
    offline 9
    i still have baby dreads but i just switched from neutragena to bronner's lavender and its amazing! Left my little ones feeling tighter but at the same time healthier...It will leave a slight smell in your hair briefly, but it fades quickly and i think it smells amazing, mixing different types together makes interesting smells! I think I'm going to switch between the neutragena and bronner's just to keep them super residue free and healthy! good luck =]
  • Mine are mere babes of 2 months ( this time around), and I've been lovin my Dr. Bronners Tea Tree oil liquid soap. Same as a few others said, it makes them feel tight, in a good way, smells great, etc. Tea Tree is a natural antiseptic, too, for what it's worth. I don't dilute it, but a little goes a long way. I do have a few individual dreads that had collected some weird sticky linty stuff i had to pick out, and I don't know why, but I don't think it's from Dr. Bronners since I use that on my whole head, and my other dreads are happy.

I can say that reside free is very important...last time around I had dreads for 6 months, and when I cut them I was a little horrified at the stuff revealed by the cross-section, you know what I mean? I'd been using the cheapest shampoo I could fine, I think it was v05. Unpleasant.

peace and love :)

Recent topics in "dreadlocks"