Advertisement

Will my dreads break off????

topic posted Sun, September 21, 2008 - 9:39 AM by  Rise
Share/Save/Bookmark
I read somwhere in here that someone's dreads fell off. My hair is pretty straight, and ive had my dreads for about 3 years, people always ask me if im growing them out, cause their not super tight to my scalp, i havent done much work on them, ever, aside from ripping them apart. Ive started to work the tops, but some of them are really really thin at the top, and it seems like they are not locking up, will they fall off??? I'd rather they didnt, as i have quite a bit of straight hair, that doesnt lock at all, mostly in the front, but whatever happens, i know it's just the way it is. It will be what it will be, well, thats how i let my dreads grow. But if i can stop it, without sewing or wax or any of that, i'd like to give it a try. Have peoples dreads really fallen off?
posted by:
Rise
California
Advertisement
  • I would say you have nothing to worry about. I would just let them go and dread naturally. Any maintenance will only damage the hair. If anything, I would just rub the roots against your head. But I would use your judgment on whether thats necessary, but I would say probably not.

Recent topics in "dreadlocks"